Once again InterConnect Wiring proudly sponsored the LM Aero Fort Worth SHPE Annual Golf Tournament. The Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) at LM Aero seeks to empower the Hispanic community of Fort Worth to attain careers in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) and excel as technical and professional leaders. This year, InterConnect was a Silver Sponsor in the tournament and proudly supports their vision to:
- Promote STEM awareness among the youth in the community
- Encourage middle and high school students to pursue degrees in STEM
- Enable college students to find careers in STEM
- Provide professional development for its members
- Expand our members networks while providing a sense of inclusion
- Improve our neighborhoods through community service
Team InterConnect tied for 2nd place this year with a 5-hole scorecard playoff, shifting them to 3rd place. This tournament was extremely challenging starting with a 2 ½ hour rain delay, followed by rain and showers for the first 9 holes, then cold temperatures, and finally sunshine. In the end, the real winners were everyone who participated to help STEM and support the future of our children and the aerospace industry.
Last year InterConnect was a Bronze Sponsor and came in first place. Click Here to see the photos from the 2017 LM Aero SHPE tournament to support STEM. STEM Matters! Refer to this AIA White Paper to see how STEM affects the aerospace industry.